May 28, 2020 - 01:47 PM
- On arrival, shake worms out into a container (kitty litter pans or food storage bins work well)
- Keeping at room temperature:
- Add a 1” layer of wheat bran or mealworm bedding
- Supply moisture with raw carrots, potatoes, or celery (this is essential)
- Sift bedding when bedding appears ‘sandy’
- Large worms kept at room temperature will pupate very soon!
- Never let worms sit in direct sunlight or in temperatures 85° or higher
For the home breeder, we recommend using the good instructions found on either of these two websites:
Our mealworms are naturally raised with no chemicals or vitamins added. Lots of people choose to eat our worms and we are extremely careful in our methodology in rearing them. We only feed them human-grade carrots and bran we buy from a mill that sells it to bakeries. We pay quite a bit more, but we are extremely cautious and conscientious.