Aug 13, 2019 - 10:32 AM
Most of our Dubia Roaches are packed in a little enclosure-type cup with a screen top lid. We put in some egg flats to give them surface area, and some carrots for food and water on the journey to you.
This cup will also serve as a place to house your Dubia for several weeks until they are fed off to your animals. You can place fruits, vegetables, etc. to feed them until they are used into the enclosure.
The exception is if you order a very large amount of larger roaches (greater than 100 large or adult) then we will pack them in a nylon mesh bag with newspaper to prevent crowding and moisture buildup.
Here is our care sheet for Dubia Roaches:
* Place your roaches in a container with smooth sides so they can't escape (plastic tubs, aquariums, etc.) this will also keep other insects from entering!
* Use a screen lid for an aquarium or cut a hole in a plastic tub, covering it with screen or plastic mesh.
* Add vertical egg flats to give them hiding places, and to keep them up off of their droppings.
* Keep your roaches warm (around 90°) and at least 60% humidity. Adult males will dehydrate rapidly through respiration from their wings.
* A ceramic heat emitter or under tank heater can be used with a thermostat to maintain the temperature
* The absolutely most easy and nutritious food for Dubia is Repashy's Bug Burger. It provides not only all the nutrition that roaches need but also is a water source. You won't need water crystals or have standing water that can breed bacteria or drown roaches.
* Roaches can also be fed oranges, protein-enriched bread, and ground dry dog food. Offer water in the form of water crystals to prevent drowning.